- Twitter bans over 25 lakh accounts in India; Know why
- Elon Musk Reclaims Position as World’s Richest Person After Bernard Arnault’s Louis Vuitton Shares Drop
- 'Muslim League Is A Secular Party,' Says Rahul Gandhi
- Foxconn to start manufacturing iPhones in Bengaluru in April 2024
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 02 June 2023
- ELCINA heartily welcomes MeitY’s revised initiative to Re-Open Scheme for investments in Semiconductors
- Google introduces new 'reading practice' feature for play books
- President Draupadi Murmu and PM Modi extends Telangana formation day wishes
- Indian-Origin Teen Won US Spelling Bee 2023
- YS Jagan distributes tractors and harvesters under YSR Yantra Seva scheme
Cops detain TV journalist for blackmailing doctor
Believing he had the CD, the doctor had paid him Rs 5 lakh. On Monday, the accused demanded Rs 50 lakh more.
BENGALURU: On Tuesday, Hemanth K, a TV journalist had been detained by the Sadashivanagar police for allegedly blackmailing and extorting money from a doctor.
As per the police, the accused was blackmailing the doctor by saying that, he had a CD which contained data of his private moments and if his ransom demands were not being taken care of he would upload it online.
The cops have told that, "Believing he had the CD, the doctor had paid him Rs 5 lakh. On Monday, the accused demanded Rs 50 lakh more. The doctor contacted a politician, who directed senior police officers to nab the reporter. The doctor called the reporter, saying the money was ready."