- TS created record in setting up industries: Puvvada
- CM KCR lauds employees contribution to State’s rapid development
- Plea to discuss VRAs problems at AP Cabinet meet
- Tirupati: Congress demands reduction in GST on fuel, food items
- BSF jawan killed, two Assam Rifles personnel injured in Manipur
- Even Reddys denied justice under YSRCP rule, says Lokesh
- Depression over Arabian Sea likely to intensify into Cyclone
- India vibrant democracy, go to Delhi and see for yourself: TopWhite House official
- Krishna Delta farmers to receive water from today
- GAIL donates medical equipment to GGH
Demonetisation was to 'whitewash' black money: Sitaram Yechury
'Claims like 'cashless' economy also have turned out to be false and misleading Jumlas', Yechury tweeted.
New Delhi: C PI(M) general secretary Sitaram Yechury Friday said demonetisation was to "whitewash" black money, amidst reports that the current cash in circulation has jumped by more than 19 per cent from the pre-note ban days.
Media reports have indicated that the cash in circulation has jumped by 19.14 per cent to Rs 21.41 lakh crore as on March 15 this year from the pre-demonetisation level of Rs 17.97 lakh crore on November 4, 2016.
"Demonetisation by Modi on a whim, against all advice from RBI, was a way to whitewash black money. We know how jobs and lives were destroyed by notebandi. Now claims like 'cashless' economy also have turned out to be false and misleading Jumlas. #DemonetisationDisaster," Yechury tweeted.