EC to examine bribe charges against K Raghavan
A video clipping showed Raghavan agreeing to accept Rs 5 crore.
The Election Commission was investigating the bribe charge against Kozhikode MP and UDF candidate M K Raghavan, said Chief electoral officer Teeka Ram Meena on Saturday.
"If the candidate wins the poll and the allegations raised against him turn out to be true, it will have serious consequences," Meena said.
A video clipping allegedly showed Raghavan agreeing to accept Rs 5 crore in return for offering land to set up a hotel in Kozhikode. Raghavan said the video was made-up.
- Naxal killed in encounter in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh
- Amethi ex-pradhan murder: CM sets 12-hour deadline for arrest of culprits
- CBI issues lookout notice against ex-Kolkata Police chief
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow