- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
Ex-President Pranab Mukherjee on ventilator support, critical
Former President Pranab Mukherjee is critical and is on ventilator support after he underwent brain surgery , said the Army Research and Referral Hospital on Tuesday. Mukherjee was also found to be Covid-19 positive.
New Delhi: Former President Pranab Mukherjee is critical and is on ventilator support after he underwent brain surgery , said the Army Research and Referral Hospital on Tuesday. Mukherjee was also found to be Covid-19 positive.
He was admitted to the hospital at 12.0t7 p.m. on August 10 in a critical condition. "Workup at the hospital revealed a large brain clot for which he underwent emergency life saving surgery. Post surgery he continues to remain critical on ventilatory support," the hospital said in a statement.
On August 10, Mukherjee had stated that he has tested positive for Covid-19. "On a visit to the hospital for a separate procedure, I have tested positive for COVID19 today. I request the people who came in contact with me in the last week, to please self-isolate and get tested for Covid-19," he tweeted.
As Mukherjee went to the hospital, wishes for his speedy recovery started pouring in, including from Congress leader Rahul Gandhi and Union Minister and Lok Janshakti Party leader Ram Vilas Paswan.
West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee said, "Concerned to hear about Former President Pranab Mukherjee Da testing positive for Covid-19. My prayers are with him and his family during this time and I wish him a speedy recovery."