Exit polls can be telecast only after final phase: EC
New Delhi: Exit polls can only be telecast on the evening of May 19 after the last phase of Lok Sabha...
New Delhi: Exit polls can only be telecast on the evening of May 19 after the last phase of Lok Sabha election gets over, the Election Commission said as it issued an advisory to the media in which websites and social media platforms were included for the first time.
The Commission said that TV, radio channels, cable networks, websites and social media platforms should ensure that the contents of programmes telecast/broadcast/displayed by them during the 48-hour period before the end of polls in each phase "do not contain any material, including views or appeals by participants that may be construed as promoting or prejudicing the prospect" of any particular party or candidate.
- Kerala witnesses heavy polling of 77.68 per cent votes; highest in 30 years
- Charges against CJI: Supreme Court asks IB, CBI, Delhi Police to look into evidence given
- Mayawati demands explanation on reservation from PM Modi
- PM Modi shares his likes, life moments with Akshay Kumar
- Modi biopic should be released after polls: Election Commission to Supreme Court