- Boosting Traffic & Sales: Why Invest in an Indian SEO Expert for Your Business
- Beat the summer heat with saffron tips for healthy and glowing skin
- Amazon India offers opportunities for women to work in Night Shifts in Haryana
- What can India learn from Sweden’s pragmatic tobacco control policy?
- Leap Day 2024: Interesting facts, history, and significance of February 29
- Samsung Announces New Memory Variant of Galaxy A15 5G at INR 17999
- Immunity-boosting foods for a healthy life
- Celebrating Leap Day 2024: Wishes and Messages for Leaplings
- Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi eyes 27 Maha LS seats, wants to put up Jarange-Patil
- 'Purely governmental function': Delhi HC refuses to order new 24-hour pan-India Doordarshan channel for Sindhi community
Lockdown Violation: FIR against Gujarat resort housing Congress MLAs
A police complaint was filed on Sunday for alleged violation of lockdown norms against a resort in Gujarat's Rajkot district where the Congress has lodged some of its MLAs to thwart any 'poaching' bid, an official said
Rajkot: A police complaint was filed on Sunday for alleged violation of lockdown norms against a resort in Gujarat's Rajkot district where the Congress has lodged some of its MLAs to thwart any 'poaching' bid, an official said.
Except for five-six MLAs, most the 65 Congress legislators have reached various resorts in Gujarat after the party summoned them to protect them "from poaching" by the ruling BJP, ahead of the June 19 Rajya Sabha elections for four seats from the state, a Congress leader said.
Police registered an FIR against the owner and manager of Neelcity Resort in Rajkot under Indian Penal Code Section 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) for opening the resort for Congress MLAs, in alleged violation of lockdown notification which does not allow hotels and restaurants to open till Monday.
"We have lodged the first information report (FIR) against the owner and manager of the Neelcity Resort where Congress MLAs are staying. They have been booked for flouting the lockdown notification by opening the resort," University Road police station inspector R S Thakar said.
As per central and state government guidelines, hotels and restaurants can start operations from June 8, while Congress MLAs from Saurashtra region were lodged in the Rajkot resort on Saturday.
After the resignations of three Congress MLAs, the party shifted most of its legislators to three resorts in Rajkot, Ambaji in Banaskantha district and Anand.
The Congress' strength in the 182-member Gujarat Assembly has been reduced to 65 MLAs.