- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
Main accused in Smriti Irani aide's murder held
The main accused in the murder of Union Minister Smriti Irani's aide Surendra Singh was arrested by the police on Friday.
Amethi: The main accused in the murder of Union Minister Smriti Irani's aide Surendra Singh was arrested by the police on Friday.
Wasim was arrested by the police after an encounter in the Jamo police station area here. He sustained a bullet injury on his leg in the encounter and was being treated in Jamo CHC hospital.
Security forces were stationed at the hospital and no one was allowed to meet him, Assistant Superintendent of Police Daya Ram said.
"All the five accused in the murder of Surendra Singh have been arrested. Four have been sent to jail," he said, adding that Singh was killed because of a personal feud.
He was shot dead at his house on May 25.