- This is when ‘Miss Shetty Mr Polishetty’ will be available in OTT
- Monsoon ends with 'normal' rainfall as positive factors countered El Nino effect, says IMD
- Congress seeking to divide women in name of caste, hates me as I am from backward community: PM Modi By Kumar Rakesh
- Himachal CM announces Rs 4,500 crore disaster relief package with enhanced compensation
- Punjab to have Dutch cattle feed plant of Rs 142 crore
- WhatsApp plans to replace green checkmark with blue one for verified channels
- Popular Vehicles and Services files IPO papers with Sebi again; public issue entirely OFS
- Airtel now has over 50 million unique 5G customers
- SC imposes Rs 25K costs for filing 60-page synopsis against a 5-page HC order
- Dell considering a fresh investment in Bengaluru, says Karnataka govt
Melania Trump to Visit Delhi Govt School, Attend 'Happiness Class'
US First Lady, Melania Trump, who will accompany her husband on his two-day trip to India, has included a visit to a Delhi government school on Tuesday next.
New Delhi: US First Lady, Melania Trump, who will accompany her husband on his two-day trip to India, has included a visit to a Delhi government school on Tuesday next. The US First Lady will attend a 'Happiness Class', which is a part of the school curriculum.
US President Donald Trump and Melania Trump will first be received by President Ramnath Kovind and his wife, Savita Kovind. Donald Trump and the First Lady will go to Rajghatin the forenoon of February 25. President Trump will then proceed to Hyderabad House, accompanied by members of his delegation, for official discussions with PM Modi and the Indian officials.
At that time, Melania Trump will visit a government school in the national capital and attend a happiness class. The Happiness quotient of the curriculum is an aspect which is meant to help children develop a more positive and optimistic attitude.The Delhi government led by Arvind Kejriwal has been hailed for its novel approach to school education. Arvind Kejriwal's thrust on model schools will be on display on Tuesday during the course of the First Lady's visit.
In the run-up to the Delhi elections, the BJP criticised the AamAadmi Party (AAP) for the poor condition of schools. All members of Parliament from Delhi visited schools in their constituencies and posted videos to substantiate the point that AAP's campaign on schools was mere propaganda.
Arvind Kejriwal and his party now get an opportunity to get back at the BJP as the choice of Melania Trump's visit to the Delhi government school itself speaks volumes about the work done by the AAP government.