- Cardiovascular disease remains leading cause of death globally: Study
- Constitutionally valid: Shah, Nadda welcome SC verdict on Article 370
- Lebanon closes public offices in solidarity with Gaza
- Lokesh calls CM as ‘Jagan Mosapu Reddy’
- Prakash Raj arrives at Yashoda hospital to meet KCR
- Auto driver attacks married woman with acid in Vizag
- Bhatti terms BRS government tenure as rule of chaos
- Congress leader Karan Singh hails SC verdict on Article 370, says it gives stability
- Historic, constitutionally upholds Parliament's decision: PM Modi on SC verdict on Article 370
- Prez has power to issue notification declaring 'Article 370 ceases to exist': SC
PFI members held for posting provocative social media posts
Three persons, including a doctor, associated with Popular Front of India (PFI) and Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI) have been arrested for their provocative social media posts on the day of Ram temple 'Bhumi Pujan'
Bahraich (UP), Aug 7: Three persons, including a doctor, associated with Popular Front of India (PFI) and Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI) have been arrested for their provocative social media posts on the day of Ram temple 'Bhumi Pujan'.
Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Kunwar Gyananjay said they received information on Wednesday about some people sitting in clinic of Dr Aleem, forwarding messages on WhatsApp and tweeting comments which were against communal amity and national integrity.
"When police reached there, Dr Aleem, Kamruddin and Sahibe Alam were found involved in the act," he said.
The police officer said, "All the three have been arrested. Among them Sahibe Alam was the former office bearer of PFI and working as media in charge of SDPI."
Both Dr Aleem and Kamruddin were members of SDPI WhatsApp group. A detailed probe about their links to SDPI and PFI is underway.