- Airlines' profits on the rise but high interest rates playing spoilsport: IATA
- Delhi Minister Bhardwaj alleges approvals bypassed in IFC department
- Amit Shah to inaugurate steel plant in Maoist-infested Gadchiroli on Dec 9
- Soil is climate superstar, says Sadhguru at COP28
- Nehru committed 2 mistakes which made Kahsmir suffer for years: Shah
- Chinese scientists develop novel gene editing jab to 'reverse' autism
- Actor Arvind Krishna shines at the International 3BL Basketball league
- Ruckus in Bengal assembly as BJP stages walkout over closed tea gardens
- 30-year old worker plunges to death from Thane Metro bridge
- Public sector banks wrote off loans worth Rs 3.66 lakh crore in last three fiscal years
PM Narendra Modi arrives in Japan for G20 Summit
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday arrived here in Japan for the G20 Summit during which he will attend important plurilateral meetings and meet with the world leaders including US President Donald Trump.
OSAKA: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday arrived here in Japan for the G20 Summit during which he will attend important plurilateral meetings and meet with the world leaders including US President Donald Trump.
This will be Prime Minister Modi's sixth G20 Summit which is being held at Osaka on June 28-29.
In his departure statement, he said that issues such as women empowerment, artificial intelligence and common efforts to address challenges like terrorism will be high on his agenda.
"The summit will provide an important opportunity to reiterate and reinforce our strong support to reformed multilateralism, which is crucial for preserving rule-based international order in today's fast-changing world," Modi said.
He said the two-day Osaka summit will also be an important stepping stone for India towards hosting the G20 summit in 2022 "when we usher in a New India in the 75th anniversary year of our Independence".
On the sidelines, Modi said, he "looks forward to engaging with leaders of our major partner countries on important issues of bilateral and global importance.
"I also look forward to host the next Russia, India and China (RIC) Informal Summit on the sidelines, and also to participate in the next informal meetings of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) and JAI (Japan, America and India) leaders," he added.
Apart from Trump, Prime Minister Modi will also meet Chinese President Xi Jinping, Russian President Vladimir Putin and other leaders during the G20 Summit.