- APFSL to start 'First Day First Show' concept to watch movies on release day
- Karnataka government hikes DA for employees
- Hyderabad: Massive fire breaks out from timber depot at LB Nagar
- APSEZ Achieves Top Results for FY 2023, Anticipates Strong Growth Ahead - Karan Adani
- Eatala will also join Congress to defeat CM KCR: Jupally Krishna Rao
- KTR wonders why PM & HM are not bothered about wrestlers’ plight
- Telangana Congress slams Modi government’s 9 year long rule
- Khaap leaders take medals away from wrestlers, agitation to continue
- BRS only party to work for welfare of people: Kavitha
- Telangana people happy with performance of BRS government: Gutha
President presents Padma awards to 54 personalities
New Delhi: President Ram Nath Kovind on Saturday presented the Padma awards to 54 noted personalities, including scientist S Nambi Narayanan and actor...
New Delhi: President Ram Nath Kovind on Saturday presented the Padma awards to 54 noted personalities, including scientist S Nambi Narayanan and actor Manoj Bajpayee. As many as 112 personalities were announced for this year's Padma awards on the eve of Republic Day and 47 dignitaries were conferred the awards on March 11.
The remaining awards were presented on Saturday in the Darbar Hall of Rashtrapati Bhavan, in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and other Cabinet ministers, including Harsh Vardhan, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore and Vijay Goel.
The list of awardees included Telugu lyricist, poet and philosopher Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry, folk singer Teejan Bai, L&T chief Anil Kumar Naik, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh leader Darshan Lal Jain, MDH founder CEO Mahashay Dharam Pal Gulati, noted tabla player Swapan Chaudhuri, former Editor of "Panchjanya" Devendra Swarup and Ladakh surgeon Tsering Norboo, among others.