Pune: Man spits blood after eating burger stuffed with glass pieces at Burger King

Pune: Man spits blood after eating burger stuffed with glass pieces at Burger King
Highlights

A 31-year-old man Sajid Ajmuddin Pathan was hospitalized after he ate a burger at the Fergusson College Road outlet of Burger King.

Sajid Ajmuddin Pathan a 31-year-old man was hospitalized after he ate a burger at the Fergusson College Road outlet of Burger King.

Pathan works as an autorickshaw driver from Wadarwadi off Senapati Bapat Road. He was taken to hospital with a bloody mouth and he had to undergo minor surgery to treat the injuries which were caused after eating burger stuffed with glass pieces.

His friends had to take Pathan to Sahyadri hospital as the nearby hospital was not well equipped to handle the case. Doctors advised to admit Pathan to ICU (Intensive Care Unit) but they did not have enough money for it. "We paid Rs 15,000 and returned home. The doctors told us the next day that the small glass pieces would exit the body through excretion and vomiting. We spent around Rs 35,000 at the hospital," Ajay Chacale further said.

When Pathan's friends took the matter to Burger King, the latter blamed them of mixing glass pieces in the burger to encash on it and defame the food outlet. That's when Pathan's friends registered a complaint with the police. "We want to teach them a lesson," Chacale added.

Later Pathan filed an FIR with the Deccan Gymkhana police. The police booked the branch manager, store manager and the customer service executive of the Burger King outlet for endangering the auto rickshaw driver's life.

Sharing the details about the matter, senior inspector Deepak Lagad of Deccan Gymkhana police station said that a case has been registered and the matter is under investigation. "An FIR had been registered under sections 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 34 (an act done with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code based on the statements and medical reports provided by the complainant", he said. "We have checked the CCTV footage of the incident and it does prima facie appear like glass pieces were found in the burger but the matter is under investigation," Lagad further added.

Recalling the incident Pathan told, "The moment I bit into my burger, I felt a sharp pain in my mouth. Soon my mouth was bleeding. I wiped my mouth with the tissue, but the blood wouldn't stop. I even vomited a few times and blood came out with the vomit." Pathan said the burger outlet officials tendered an apology to him. "We checked the burger in front of the outlet officials and found that there were several pieces of glass in it."

Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
More Stories


Top