- MP Sumalatha faced life threats for raising voice against illegal mining
- Supreme Court fixes Mar 11 for hearing on Abbas Ansari's bail plea in arms licence case
- Mrunal Thakur Rocks All Black in Glittering Rs 88k Ensemble
- One dead, two missing as fishing boat hits cargo ship in Vietnam
- Bangladesh plans to produce FMD vaccine for livestock
- Esri India, CKS to train 5 lakh students in geospatial tech skills in 5 yrs
- Lok Sabha elections dates are likely to be announced after March 13
- Delhi High Court dismisses plea to offer prayers at demolished 600-yr-old mosque on Shab-e-Barat
- BJP protests in Karnataka Assembly against Siddaramaiah govt's resolution
- UPA govt refused to hike Karnataka’s share from 30% to 40%: BJP
Quadcopter shot down by Army near LoC in Jammu and Kashmir
The Army shot down a quadcopter near the Line of Control (LoC) in the Keran Sector in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, official sources said.
Srinagar:The Army shot down a quadcopter near the Line of Control (LoC) in the Keran Sector in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, official sources said.
"A quadcopter (DJI Mavic 2 Pro model) was shot down this morning by the Indian Army on the LoC in Kupwara district," an Army statement said.
It is not the first time a quadcopter has been shot along the borders in Jammu and Kashmir.
In June, a Pakistani drone was shot down by the BSF in Hiranagar Sector on the International Border in Jammu. Arms and ammunition, including one M-4 US rifle, were seized.
Last month, a consignment of weapons was dropped from a drone for terror outfits in the Rajouri Sector. Three terrorists were arrested by the security forces when they went to Rajouri to receive the consignment of weapons.