- Vigilance Dept officials are threatening officers, alleges Atishi
- Karnataka delegation in America: Holds talks with RTX, and Intelsat to explore collaborations
- iPhone 15 Scam Alert: India Post Doesn't Offer Any Gifts Through Links
- HC reserves order on Chandrababu Naidu’s bail plea in Angallu case
- The greater the animal husbandry, the greater the country's wealth and economic progress: CM
- Lokesh as accused in Amaravati Ring Road case
- Amit Shah arrives in Amritsar for Northern Zonal Council meeting
- Calcutta HC allows DA protest rally in front of Abhishek Banerjee’s office
- We do not have water to release as much as TN has asked for says DCM DK Shivakumar
- Congress dubs PM Modi as a “certified liar”, says BJP conceded defeat before polls
Same sex-marriage triggers uproar in UP
A same-sex marriage in Uttar Pradesh has landed the couple in a soup, forcing them to seek police protection
The couple got married last week. Komal from Fatehpur is the 'wife' to Kanpur's Poonam. Komal and Poonam, on Monday, reached the Sadar police station and gave a written application for protection.
A police official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that they would assess the threat perception before taking any action. Poonam's mother said that she was ready to accept the marriage and the 'couple' can stay with them. The girls, however, alleged that this is a ploy to take them to Kanpur and then separate them.