Squall death toll rises to 20 in Madhya Pradesh
The squall death toll in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday increased to 20. Thunderstorm, hail and dust-storm had lashed the state on Tuesday night.
Bhopal:The squall death toll in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday increased to 20. Thunderstorm, hail and dust-storm had lashed the state on Tuesday night.
The toll has reached four in Dhar, three each in Indore and Shazapur, two each in Ratlam, Sihor, Khargone and one each in Alirajpur, Sheopur, Chhindwara and Barwani, an official statement said.
The government has promised ex gratia to the families of the victims.
Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab and Haryana were also lashed by the squall on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- MHA asks States, UTs to remain alert; says calls given in various quarters for inciting violence
- Opposition sore losers, desperation over VVPAT issue indication of defeat: Paswan
- 4-tier security at all 28 Karnataka counting centres
- Karnataka earns second position in seizure of Illegal liquor
- Attempted break-in into IAF Rafale project team facility in France: Sources