- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
- Centre issues stern warning against surrogate ads seen as harming consumers
Suvendu Adhikari files RTI seeking details of recruitment in state health services since 2011
The leader of opposition in West Bengal Assembly, Suvendu Adhikari, said on Friday that he has filed an application under Right to Information (RTI) Act seeking details of all recruitment made in the state health services since 2011, the year Trinamool Congress came to power by ending Left Front's 34-year rule.
Kolkata: The leader of opposition in West Bengal Assembly, Suvendu Adhikari, said on Friday that he has filed an application under Right to Information (RTI) Act seeking details of all recruitment made in the state health services since 2011, the year Trinamool Congress came to power by ending Left Front's 34-year rule.
Adhikari said he suspects massive irregularities in the recruitment in state health services, just like the alleged school jobs and municipal recruitment scams, which are being probed by central agencies.
“I have been informed by my reliable sources from within the West Bengal Health Recruitment Board that there have been serious irregularities in the recruitment process since 2011. Transfers are effected according to the whims and fancies of a few influential individuals. In order to get to the bottom of this, I have filed an application under the RTI Act,” Adhikari said.
In the application to the state public information officer of the Health & Family Welfare Department, a copy of which is available with IANS, Adhikari has sought to know the number of people recruited by the department since 2011.
He has also sought the numbers and names in a yearly order along with the categories of positions and designations for which the recruitment were made.
“Kindly provide the name of the hospitals or any other place of work (if applicable) along with the location details where they were initially posted,” the application read.
Adhikari also sought details of the hospitals and other places of work where they are posted currently along with the dates of their transfers.