- PM kickstarts LS polls campaign from 'lucky Yavatmal', slams UPA regime's graft
- Congress to make declaration on special category status to Andhra
- J&K Muslim Conference's both factions declared unlawful associations
- Nifty logs its biggest point and per cent loss in 25 sessions
- KIUG 2023: Chandigarh University men, Adamas University women clinch badminton team golds
- Hyundai Motor India commits to reach RE100 benchmark by 2025, targeting 100 pc use of renewable energy
- Check out 5 Series & Documentaries To watch On This National Science Day
- 7 in 10 digital devices people use saw ownership drop globally in 2023: Report
- STEM education: How advancement in tech taking major impact on students
- DY Patil T20 Cup: Tilak Verma shines; Bhuvi, Krunal, Chakravarthy cast a spell
Uttar Pradesh: Snake slithers up man's jeans, he stands still for 7 hours!
In an incident that has sent shock waves across the district, a man in Sikandarpur village in Uttar Pradesh's Mirzapur district woke up to realise that a cobra had slithered into his jeans while he was asleep.
Mirzapur (UP): In an incident that has sent shock waves across the district, a man in Sikandarpur village in Uttar Pradesh's Mirzapur district woke up to realise that a cobra had slithered into his jeans while he was asleep.
The incident took place last week but came to light after a video of the same went viral on social media.
Lovekesh Kumar, the labourer who was installing electricity poles and wires, had gone to sleep during lunch time and when he woke up with the cobra in his pants, he slowly stood up and held on to a pole.
Reports claim that Kumar stood holding the pole for almost seven hours till a snake charmer was called in.
The snake charmer cut open his pants and took out the snake.
Local officials and policemen also reached the village on getting information.
Meanwhile, Lovekesh Kumar told local reporters that, "I am a devotee of Lord Shiva and it was he who saved me. Though I was petrified, I remained calm and the snake did not bite me."
He said that he will now fast on Mondays as a thanksgiving gesture to Lord Shiva.