- More priority to common devotees in Srikalahasti Brahmotsavams
- Officials told to ensure efficient water distribution in summer
- Civilians’ woes worsen as nighttime curbs are back at Eagle Chowk area
- BJP likely to announce first list of Lok Sabha candidates including 8 from Telangana
- CMR launches its 30th showroom at Hayathnagar
- AP Intermediate Exams begins in 1,559 centers across the state
- Caste Census Report Raises Concerns In Karnataka Congress
- New Delhi: DGCA’s stricter guidelines for alcohol testing of staff
- Former Minister Prathipati Pulla Rao's son Sarath remanded for 14 days
- Jagan’s welfare schemes benefited all sections: Anil
Woman dies after falling into borewell in Odisha village
An 80-year-old woman died after falling into a 20 feet deep borewell in Odisha's Sonepur district.
Bhubaneswar: An 80-year-old woman died after falling into a 20 feet deep borewell in Odisha's Sonepur district. The woman, Dukhi Negi, was rescued from the borewell in a critical condition after a five-hour-long operation and rushed to a hospital where doctors declared her brought dead.
The elderly woman fell into the abandoned borewell in a forest area near Kainphula village on Monday evening, police said. Her family claimed she was deaf and mute.
Locals searched for the woman the entire night and informed the police. She was found in the borewell on Tuesday morning, following which the Fire Services and Odisha Disaster Rapid Action Force (ODRAF) launched the rescue operation. The rescue team supplied oxygen into the borewell to help the woman breathe and dug a parallel hole to bring her out.
Health Minister Niranjan Pujari, who represents Sonepur constituency, said an investigation will be conducted into the incident.