- Teddy: Allu Sirish Announces His Next Movie And The First Look Will Be Unveiled Tomorrow
- Mem Famous: Sumanth And Sharath Chandra Thank Rajamouli For His Review And Are On Cloud Nine
- Astrologer who predicted Congress win in Karnataka, has forecasted KCR govt will win in forthcoming state assembly elections.
- Karnataka: Congress Faces Internal Tussle over BDA Chairmanship Four MLAs Flock for Chairmanship
- Karnataka: Coastal performing arts Yakshagana season 2022-23 ends on a high note
- Woman in distress saved!
- Karnataka: Denial of Ministerial Berth TB Jayachandra’s Granddaughter Writes to Rahul Gandhi
- Nine years of Modi Government- A progress report. Meghwal
- SSMB 28 Mass Strike: The New Poster Of Mahesh Babu Is Unveiled Ahead Of Title Launch
- The India House: The Haunting Background Score Of The Announcement Video Is Played By Budapest Team
Binesh Desai: Know the man's journey of 10-year-old boy to waste warrior
Dr. Binesh Desai, is a social entrepreneur, who hails from Gujarat and he believes that, nothing is useless in this world” he turns the industrial waste into new assets.
Dr. Binesh Desai, is a social entrepreneur, who hails from Gujarat and he believes that, nothing is useless in this world" he turns the industrial waste into new assets.
He had obsession with transforming waste and started at the very young age of 11, when he had chewing gum stuck to his trousers and he tried to remove it with a piece of paper.
Desai was attending class and a chewing gum got stuck to his pants, he could not go outside the class to throw it out. Hence, he took a paper and wrapped it and later, he found the stuff got really hard.
Now the 26-year-old Gujarati uses chewing gum and industrial paper waste to create eco-friendly bricks and jobs for the rural people.
Around the time, his chewing gum/paper eureka moment, the young Desai was in the middle of a school project about India's slums and was frustrated by their portrayal.
I wanted to change as to how slums were being portrayed as not having proper houses to live in. His dream was to make the world, the cheapest and most affordable house.
At the age of 16, Desai has founded his 1st company, BDream and got a patent for his innovative P-blocks, using a better organic binder than chewing gum.
While collaborating with other companies as well as NGO's his innovation has helped to construct toilets in the rural areas, under the corporate social responsibility initiatives.
In the year, 2016, the social entrepreneur founder Eco-Eclectic Technologies, a company has dedicated to create eco-friendly solutions for the domestic and industrial waste by turning them into assets.
His first company, Eco-Eclectic makes Desai's patented P-block bricks from waste, using them to build houses and also toilets in the rural India.
The company has already started to recycle more than 1780 tonnes of waste and built more than 37,000 toilets across Gujarat, Hyderabad and Pali in Maharashtra.
By the age of 25, Desai was name one of Forbes Asia's under 30 Social Entrepreneurs.
For his efforts, Dr Binish Desai has, rightly, earned the moniker, Recycle Man, someone has even written book about him, the Recycle Man: Journey of a 10-year-old Boy to becoming a waste, Warrior.