- LS polls: Congress likely to join hands with AIADMK in Tamil Nadu
- Punjab Budget: No new taxes, silent on Rs 1,000 for women
- BSP decides contest along with BRS in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections
- Britannia Industries Limited announces a One-day Internship to raise awareness about Croissants
- Women on company boards supports good corporate governance: Moody’s
- ChatGPT Presents Read Aloud Feature for Web and Mobile Versions
- Hand over Sheikh Shahjahan to CBI today: Calcutta HC tells Bengal police
- Supreme Court quashes ED case against Karnataka DyCM Shivakumar
- Karnataka CM, HM get email threatening Rameshwaram Cafe-like blasts; $2.5 mn ransom sought
- NDTV Food Awards 2024: Shining the spotlight on India's culinary stars
Eli Nani's daughter alleges 'house arrest' for 4 years
Guntur : Ramya, daughter of Congress MLA from Tadepalligudem in West Godavari district, Eli Madhusudhana Rao alias Eli Nani, told a court on Tuesday...
Guntur : Ramya, daughter of Congress MLA from Tadepalligudem in West Godavari district, Eli Madhusudhana Rao alias Eli Nani, told a court on Tuesday that her father "detained" her at home for the last four years.
She had earlier approached Guntur Legal Services Authority which presented her before the court. She told the court that she married Sandeep, her engineering classmate, in 2008. However, her father disapproved of the marriage and did not allow her to join him, by keeping her under 'house arrest' for the last four years.
Ramya alleged that Nani also got Sandeep, who is working as an exports manager at a granite company in Chilakaluripet, was "kidnapped" by the police. She feared for her husband's life and urged the authorities to intervene in the matter and set her husband free.
However, a high drama unfolded in the evening as West Godavari police presented Sandeep before the Guntur Legal Services Authority in the evening and were told to present him before the Magistrate on Wednesday, as the court had already adjourned for the day. He said he was not kidnapped by anybody and that the police took him away for inquiry. Ramya left her father's house in Tadepalligudem three days ago.
She had alleged that Eli Nani was conspiring to kill Sandeep and said her father could go to any length to achieve his aim. A "My father is pressuring me to get re-married to someone else of his choice. I cannot live without Sandeep. Let them leave us alone, we will live our lives," she pleaded in the court. The court ordered the police to lodge her at the District Women Protection centre.
Eli Nani told the media in Tadepalligudem that he or his relatives would never interfere in the life of his daughter. He denied the allegation that he kept her under house arrest or got Sandeep kidnapped. He also broke down before the media, saying no father should face what he was going through.