- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
'Telugu thriving sans support of religion'
Hyderabad: Telugu Bashod yama Samakhya president Samala Ramesh Babu on Thursday said that Telugu has been thriving without the support of any...
Hyderabad: Telugu Bashod yama Samakhya president Samala Ramesh Babu on Thursday said that Telugu has been thriving without the support of any religion. He was the chief guest on the second day of the Telugu Wikipedia (TW) Mahotsavam, 2013 at Golden Threshold in Abids. Ramesh Babu, Editor of a Telugu monthly 'Nadustunna Charitra' described the greatness of the language. "Telugu's vastitude is similar to that of the Indian Ocean and so is its history. Telugu community is one of the first among the Indian ancient tribes," he remarked. He urged Telugu people to revitalise the richness of the language with the help of TW. P Kodanda Ramaiah, member of the Samakhya, appealed to the internet users to correspond in Telugu. "Telugu which is facing speedy extinction has to be protected through TW," he said and added that the language had 1,890 verbal roots.