- India plans to earmark ‘shark hotspots’
- How do you define a good life?
- Year 2024 calls for recession-proofing economies
- TDP, JSP, BJP poll tie-up in final stage
- Overcoming challenges while implementing inclusive learning environment
- GSHS hosts research workshop on Digital India in Grassroot Governance
- 'Coarse gender discrimination': SC on termination of woman from army on marriage
- Two guarantees to be implemented within a week: Telangana CM
- BJP will not have alliance with any party in Telangana: Kishan Reddy
- Delhi HC allows student to sit for Class 12 board exam, subject to rectifying application deficiencies
Hyd all set for global agri meet
Hyd all Set for Global Agri Meet, World Agricultural Forum Congress- 2013, Agri-Tech Trade Fair. Elaborate arrangements were being made for the three-day World Agricultural Forum Congress- 2013 and agri-tech trade fair to be commenced from November 5.
CM to inaugurate 3-day meet, agri-tech trade fair
Elaborate arrangements were being made for the three-day World Agricultural Forum Congress- 2013 and agri-tech trade fair to be commenced from November 5. Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy would preside as Chief Guest and Union Minister of State for Agriculture, Tariq Anwar would be the Guest of Honour.
State Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshminarayana, who visited the venue on Monday, said that the State government, which has adopted farmer-friendly policies, hoped the deliberations and suggestions of the conference would benefit farmers, particularly small and marginal farmers who were form the majority.
He informed that Acharya N G Ranga Agriculture University would publish the deliberations and recommendations in Telugu and English and send it to various stakeholders.
Talking about the agri-tech trade fair, the minister said that nearly 150 companies came forward to set up stalls in the fair and informed that fair would give out information on issues like farm mechanisation, technology and solar power to farmers. The government paid entrance fee on behalf of 50 ideal farmers and another 25 representatives from peasants’ bodies to participate in the programme.
Representatives from agriculture-related organisations like FAO, CRIDA, ICRISAT are also expected to attend the meet.