- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
Chain snatching gang busted
The Kovur police arrested the two members of a chain snatching gang and seized 25 sovereigns of gold worth Rs 5.60 lakh and a motor cycle from their possession.
Nellore: The Kovur police arrested the two members of a chain snatching gang and seized 25 sovereigns of gold worth Rs 5.60 lakh and a motor cycle from their possession. Addressing the media here on Tuesday, DSP Rambabu disclosed that they would nab more chain snatching gangs which are on the prowl.
He further stated that the Kovur police nabbed Nallbothu Mahesh and Manohar when they found them roaming under suspicious circumstances near Anjaneya Swamy temple at Rajupalem village in Kodavaluru mandal in Nellore district. On interrogation, the accused confessed to committing chain snatchings. Nallabothu Mahesh and Manohar, who hail from Kavali in Nellore district, confessed to committing eight chain snatchings. The duo indulged in chain snatchings at Allur, Kodavaluru and Kovur. Similarly, they were involved in a theft under Fifth Town Police Station limits in Nellore.
The DSP said that cases were registered against Nallbothu Mahesh for snatching chains in Fourth and Fifth Town Police Station in Nellore, Earlier, Mahesh used to run an auto, he informed. Meanwhile, Manohar, who befriended Mahesh, too was involved in thefts for the past one year, he informed.
Kovur CI Harshavardhan, SI Sudhakar Reddy, Kodavaluru SO Naresh and other were present at the press conference.