- Allahabad High Court orders removal of encroachments from heritage sites
- Shutting visa service for Canadians will impact lakhs of Punjabis: Sukhbir Badal
- Bumrah is going to be tested at the death, when the Australian middle order is firing, says Mukund
- BTS renew contract with K-pop label Big Hit Music
- Andhra youth dies of cardiac arrest while dancing
- 35-yr-old cop commits suicide in Gurugram
- 17 Mumbaikars to compete in Acrobatic Gymnastics Asian Championship, Uzbekistan
- Two drown in Krishna river during Ganesh idols immersion
- Uttar Pradesh: 1.07 cr students take admission in classes 9 to 12
- Microsoft to announce Windows 11 23H2 today: All about the new AI-powered features
AP farmers seek Anna’s help against Chandrababu govt
A section of farmers in the proposed capital region in Andhra Pradesh have sought the help of veteran Gandhian activist and anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare to thwart the State government’s move to “usurp their fertile lands” in the garb of building capital city.
Vijayawada: A section of farmers in the proposed capital region in Andhra Pradesh have sought the help of veteran Gandhian activist and anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare to thwart the State government’s move to “usurp their fertile lands” in the garb of building capital city.
A large group of farmers from Thulluru and other villages in the proposal capital region on Monday met Anna Hazare in Delhi and participated in the rally organised by him. The rally was aimed against the Union government’s Land Acquisition Ordinance. Meanwhile, the farmers expressed their happiness over the High Court admitting their petition, seeking the intervention of the judiciary against the government’s move to snatch their lands.
The High Court, however, refused to give any interim orders. According to reports reaching here, the delegation of farmers met Anna Hazare, who launched hunger strike demanding that the government abandon its move to amend Land Acquisition Act, and sought his help.