- 2 held for murder of youth
- Gadkari urges auto industry, stakeholders to promote vehicle scrapping policy
- ‘Modi means guarantee of fulfillment of promises,’ says PM in Jaipur
- Musical fountains, a new attraction at Durgam Cheruvu
- Centre undermining federalism, says Chidambaram
- The 9th Edition of TEDxHyderabad 2023 - Ignite Creates an Unforgettable Symposium of Ideas and Inspiration
- 'China’s unfair trade practices have forced EU to become more assertive'
- SC issues notice on plea seeking 25% higher benefits for specially-abled individuals under social security schemes
- NSE plans to extend F&O trading hours; seeks Sebi's nod
- Congress should quiz Sharad Pawar on meetings with Adani Group: Prakash Ambedkar
Why Chandrababu denies MLC seats to 2014 Poll losers
The TDP decision to not field losers in 2014 general elections for MLC posts in biennial polls from Assembly segment has poured water on the hopes of several top guns in the TDP who were planning to revive their political careers.
The TDP decision to not field losers in 2014 general elections for MLC posts in biennial polls from Assembly segment has poured water on the hopes of several top guns in the TDP who were planning to revive their political careers. Party men and political observers wonder whether it was the strategic move of TDP Chief and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu or just a hangover of past to not try the losers and give room for newcomers.
TDP Supremo had declared that the leaders who contested recent elections and lost will not be considered for the upcoming MLC vacancies as there are very few seats available. So those who were in dock after months of political parleys were TDP strongmen and mouth pieces like Somireddy Chandrasekhar Reddy, Payyavula Kesav, Gali Muddu Krishnama Naidu, Pratibha Bharati, NMD Farooq.
These and another 12 senior leaders who hoped for political elevation by Naidu after their years of service in TDP office at NTR trust bhavan as torch bearers and backers of Chandrababu will be deprived of dividends.They feel they could have been very good in hitting out against the YSRC in the council to hit out at the critics of the TDP and of Chandrababu Naidu personally.
The TDP is likely to get 3 MLC seats under MLA Quota and will also get the 2 MLC seats which will be nominated by the Governor. TDP has no Muslim MLA and so one Muslim Minority will be getting berth out of this five for sure. That candidate may even bag a cabinet berth in the next expansion.
But the word is that the MLC seats and Assembly seats were likely to be hiked in the AP legislature and could soon give them an option mid year. But that is just a future calling and one has to see whether these leaders will wait till then or do another Dadi Veerabhadra Rao who quit TDP in a huff when Chandrababu chose Yanamala Ramakrishnudu for MLC seat in 2013 instead of him.