- Long Covid patients may suffer chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms long-term
- Haryana DGP says 'women's safety will be priority'
- Election Commission revises Mizoram's vote-counting date to December 4
- A bowl of yoghurt daily may help boost mental health
- Rajasthan Congress leader pens last letter as MLA, thanks critics
- HC expresses displeasure over lack of cooperation from Delhi govt on space for judicial officers
- Mastermind behind stealing & selling SUVs to northeast states arrested
- Increase in BSF's jurisdiction does not take away powers of Punjab Police, says Supreme Court
- Delhi HC directs CBI to submit charge sheet against Nair, Boinpally in excise policy case
- Delhi: 'Prolonged' delay in SpiceJet flight departure leaves passengers frustrated
AP CM sore over delay in Neeru-Pragathi
Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu expressed his displeasure over delay in the completion of works in MNREGS (Mahatma Gandhi National Employment Guarantee Scheme).
Amaravati: Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu expressed his displeasure over delay in the completion of works in MNREGS (Mahatma Gandhi National Employment Guarantee Scheme).
He said that 15 per cent growth rate in State GSDP is possible only if the state could use the funds within the deadline.
Participating in tele-conference with officials over Neeru-Pragathi programme from his residence at Undavalli hereon Monday, the Chief Minister directed the officials to speed up the farm ponds (Panta Sanjeevani) works before onset of rains. He said once the rains begin, the works would get disrupted.
Especially, the collectors were asked to concentrate on the progress of works as the deadline is only 40 days away. He said that groundwater is available at 16 meters depth but it should be increased to 4 meters feet.
He asked the officials to complete 10 lakh form ponds and 20,000 checkdams immediately. Chief Secretary Dinesh Kumar and several officials participated in the tele-conference.