- The rescue of trapped workers at Uttarkashi-Need prayers and Divine intervention
- Analogies to take spotlight ahead of voting
- Campaign wraps up, BRS to reach out to people with ‘Deeksha Diwas’
- Brandix bags Greentech Environment Award
- Congress has bloody relationship with Telangana, charges Kishan Reddy
- Vizianagaram: 8 convicted within 60 days in POCSO cases
- Voluntary organisations to provide free transport to voters
- YSRCP govt looting natural resources: BJP
- Srikakulam: Jyotirao Phule’s fight for BC cause lauded
- Visakhapatnam: Divyangs to receive aids, assisting devices
Kanka durga temple board sworn in
Sri Durga Malleswara Swamy Varla Devasthanam (popularly known as Kanaka Durga temple) Trust Board members took oath at Durga temple on Indrakeeladri here on Friday.
Vijayawada: Sri Durga Malleswara Swamy Varla Devasthanam (popularly known as Kanaka Durga temple) Trust Board members took oath at Durga temple on Indrakeeladri here on Friday.
Minister for Water Resources Devineni Uma Maheswara Rao attended the swearing-in ceremony. The State government has recently appointed the Trust Board members.
Durga temple executive officer (EO) A Surya Kumari administered the oath of office to 15 members while one BJP leader and chairman aspirant Veeramachineni Ranga Prasad did not attend the function.
Later, all the board members had darshan of the presiding deity Goddess Kanaka Durga and offered special pujas. Speaking on the occasion, Devineni Uma Maheswara Rao said that both the Trust Board and EO would work in co-ordination for the development of Durga temple.
The Minister said the board members would elect their chairman unanimously and under the leadership of the chairman the Trust Board will take important decisions for development.
After a gap of nearly 10 years, the State government has appointed new Trust Board to the Durga temple and the new body would take responsibility in development aspects, he added. The new Trust Board members would meet on July 3 to elect Durga temple chairman.
TDP leaders are proposing the name of Yalamanchili Gowranga Babu as chairman and he also seems to be enjoying the backing of the Chief Minister. However, the BJP is also keen on seeking the post of the temple chairman