X
X
Top
ADVERTISEMENT

MLA to float bonds to finance his pet project

MLA to float bonds to finance his pet project
x
Highlights

The clean and green town of Tadipatri which shot to national fame as the second best municipal town in sanitation and cleanliness and found a space in the Limca Bok of World Records is now expanding its tentacles in the entire assembly constituency aiming at an integrated development of the constituency comprising four mandalsTadipatri,Yadiki, Peddavaduguru and Peddapappuru.

Tadipatri(Anantapur): The clean and green town of Tadipatri which shot to national fame as the second best municipal town in sanitation and cleanliness and found a space in the Limca Bok of World Records is now expanding its tentacles in the entire assembly constituency aiming at an integrated development of the constituency comprising four mandalsTadipatri,Yadiki, Peddavaduguru and Peddapappuru.

Highlights:

  • J C Prabhakar, the local MLA (pic) is to seek permission from RBI to float Rs 5 crore worth bonds- 10000 with face value of Rs 5000 each for a Tourist Park
  • MLA transcends political barriers and endeavours to interlink all villages in the constituency with cement roads
  • Tadipatri local bodies take lead, pay 10 per cent of the cost upfront

As an MLA representing Tadipatri constituency, J.C.Prabhakar has held a meeting with all mandal presidents, members of mandal territorial constituencies and Zilla Territorial Constituency Members and Sarpanches of all political parties, Congress, TDP and YSRCP for laying cement roads to all mandals, panchayats and villages in the Assembly constituency and brought all of them on a single platform for the express purpose of inter-linking all villages with cement roads.

Transcending above all political barriers, Prabhakar offered to pay the 10 percent panchayat contribution so that the state government could bear the remaining 90 percent of cost of laying cement roads. Tadipatri Assembly constituency people's representatives at the local bodies are the first to act swiftly by coming forward to pay their contribution without delay for triggering in roads development at one go.

This move has pleasantly surprised even the district administration as, such a swift response had not come from any quarter except Tadipatri. The state government has released grants for cement roads laying and now with all panchayats in the constituency coming forward to pay their contribution at the instance of the MLA, the constituency is poised to witness road connectivity within no time.

Another prestigious project and brainchild of the MLA is a 'Tourist Park' which is likely to come up in 16 acres. The park will have different wings for children, youth, middle-aged and for people in old age. The park was designed by Prabhakar after visiting Australia.

For children of 1-8 years, water sports facility will be created to make children happy and for those in 9-16 years age group volley ball court etc will be set up while for 16-35 years age group, gymnasium will be established and for older people walking track etc.

For this to become a reality, MLA Prabhakar told 'The Hans India' that he is taking RBI permission to float bonds and raise Rs.5 crore through 10,000 bonds with each bond value being Rs.5000 worth. This is a unique project undertaken in the state. Those who purchase bonds will also be paid interest on the value of bonds purchased.

Prabhakar has also prepared village development plans for 223 panchayats in his constituency after conducting a detailed survey of all panchayats projecting the wholistic needs of the village. Asked whether the people should be obliged to him for his aggressive development plans, Prabhakar said that he owed a debt he cannot pay in his lifetime to the people for giving his family a political life and respecting his leadership.

To make people responsible citizens, the MLA is supplying a plant to every citizen and charging them Rs.100 for every plant supplied with a promise to return the amount after the plant grows to the citizens. This is being done to infuse a sense of responsibility in every citizen. The plants are being supplied by the Kadiyam nurseries.

Responding to a question, Prabhakar said that the day is not far off when the educated young voters would call the shots in the elections and vote for candidates on the basis of the MLA's performance. Already young voters are becoming aware of their responsibilities. After 2019 elections, political scenario would change and youth will call the shots.

By Ravi P Benjamin

Show Full Article
Print Article
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
Next Story
More Stories