- 20 more UP colleges being probed for scholarship scam
- Andhra Pradesh: Devotees rush increases to Tirumala, to take 24 hours for Sarvadarshans
- Pareshan Twitter Review
- Young heroes to have a clash at Tollywood box-office on June 2
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 02 June 2023
- Telangana Formation Day Live Updates: KTR hoisting flag at his camp office in Sircilla
- Gold and silver rates today slashes in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 02 June 2023
- Weather update: 302 mandals in AP to witness severe heatwaves in next three days
- Govt has its task cut out-an arduous one, indeed!
- Free bus travel for women: Transport dept inflow to be dented by more than half
Maglev train to be taken up under PPP mode
As part of introducing the best mode of modern transport system in the capital Amaravati and Visakhapatnam the state government is studying the alternatives for metro rail network, which is facing hurdles in implementation in the newly formed state.
Amaravati: As part of introducing the best mode of modern transport system in the capital Amaravati and Visakhapatnam the state government is studying the alternatives for metro rail network, which is facing hurdles in implementation in the newly formed state.
The team headed by Municipal Administration minister P Narayana as part of its three day tour of Malaysia and China has visited Changsha and Suzhou cities on Thursday and observed the public transport system in these cities.
In Changsha city, the newly introduced low speed Magnetically Levitated (Maglev) train system was observed by the AP team by travelling in it. The Maglev train which runs 8 mm in the air, above the track with electro magnetism force, will have three compartments. Another speciality of the train is it runs without any noise and vibrations.
After having personal experience of the train journey, the team visited the manufacturing unit of the Maglev train and watched a PowerPoint presentation given by the Chinese company. According to Chinese publicly traded rolling stock manufacturer officials the Maglev train can reach maximum speed of 100 kms in an hour carrying about 365 passengers.
According to the Minister, the newly introduced Maglev train system in China will be the best alternative to Metro rail system in our state, which is more suitable and modern public transport system for Amaravati and Vizag. We will study for introducing this transport system in our state in PPP mode, he said.