X
X
Top
ADVERTISEMENT

Minister calls for early completion of projects

Minister calls for early completion of projects
x
Highlights

Transport Minister Atchannaidu stressed on the need for greater cooperation between contractors and the engineers of the Irrigation department for early completion of projects. Atchannaidu, who is also district in-charge Minister, and Industries Minister N Amaranatha Reddy have participated in a meeting to review the progress of various development works at the Collectorate here on Thursday.

Chittoor: Transport Minister Atchannaidu stressed on the need for greater cooperation between contractors and the engineers of the Irrigation department for early completion of projects. Atchannaidu, who is also district in-charge Minister, and Industries Minister N Amaranatha Reddy have participated in a meeting to review the progress of various development works at the Collectorate here on Thursday.

Highlights:

  • Atchannaidu says Centre allocated 2.2 lakh houses to the state under the Housing for All scheme
  • Collector should review the progress of schemes on regular basis: Amaranatha Reddy

Speaking on the occasion, Atchannaidu stated that Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu is keen on the completion of Kuppam Branch canal of the Handri-Neeva Sujala Sravanthi (HNSS) project as per schedule for providing drinking water to the western parts of the district.

He said that the state government has released Rs 660 crore for clearing the bills of cement concrete roads across the state. The Minister further said that the central government has allocated 2.2 lakh houses to the state under the Housing for All scheme.

He asked District Collector PS Pradyumna to make officials concerned accountable for completing the works under the Neeru-Pragathi scheme. Amaranatha Reddy said that he received complaints for delay in remittance of Neeru-Pragathi bills. He directed the Collector to keep a special watch on the progress of Neeru–Pragathi, Panta Sanjeevani and other schemes in the district.

Chittoor MP Dr N Sivaprasad made an appeal to the state government to organise state-level functions in district headquarters instead of Tirupati.The Collector explained the progress of various development works and the steps being taken for implementation of the social welfare schemes.

He said that 65 per cent of the poor in the district were provided free houses and the rest 35 per cent would be covered shortly. More than 1 lakh soak pits would be dug in the district during the year under the Panta Sanjeevani programme.

Chittoor MLA D A Satyaprabha stressed on the need to develop the tanks in Chittoor city. She made an appeal to the Ministers to shift existing vegetable market to agriculture market yard, for free and quick movement of ambulances and 108 emergency vehicles from market bazaar.

ZP Chairperson Girvani Chandra Prakash, MLCs B N Rajasimhulu and Srinivasulu, Municipal Corporation of Tirupati Commissioner Hari Kiran, District Educational Officer Samuel, SE Irrigation Rama Krishna, RWS SE Venu and others were present.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
Next Story
More Stories