- Centre approves highway projects worth Rs 2,333cr in UP, Jharkhand
- Goyal urges India Inc. to expand manufacturing footprint
- SC issues contempt notice to Patanjali's Acharya Balakrishna over misleading ads
- Fortune Soya Chunks and dabbawalas surprise Mumbai with nutritious lunchbox
- 'Barbaric crime': Kerala HC sentences 12 convicts in TP murder to rigorous life imprisonment
- Adani Group’s ammunition plants open in Kanpur, locals overjoyed over jobs generation
- Global TV shipments drop 3% in 2023
- Telangana CM Revanth Reddy launches Mahalaxmi Scheme' and 'Gruha Jyoti' schemes
- Turkish Women's Cup 2024: Manisha Kalyan adjudged Best Midfielder as India finish runner-up
- Byju's NCLT hearing: Investors allege over $500 mn diversion to hedge fund in US
Now, ryots can purchase grass online
Of late, online shopping has become sought after and purchasing mobiles, i-Pods, i-Pads, watches, foot wear, trousers, shirts online is very common. People preferring to buy gadgets to minimise shopping stress.
Vizianagaram: Of late, online shopping has become sought after and purchasing mobiles, i-Pods, i-Pads, watches, foot wear, trousers, shirts online is very common. People preferring to buy gadgets to minimise shopping stress.
They are sitting either with their mobiles or computers and placing orders whatever they want. Now, the government is also adapting the same online technology and providing various services to the public. Commercial tax, stamps and registrations, revenue and transport departments are providing online services to public so far but now animal husbandry department is appealing to the people to avail their services online.
The animal husbandry department has developed Revamped Inputs delivery System (RIDS) for the convenience of the farmers in the state and sending information through the veterinary officers to book the nutritious grass online at a lesser price.
The government is supplying the grass at subsidy price Rs 2 per kg. Vizianagaram district animal husbandary employees are gearing up to supply 5,000 tonnes of green grass to the farmers and they are directed to approach nearest veterinary hospitals and submit their details and pay the amount at e-Seva centres.
Based on the orders, the department will dispatch grass to the residences of those who booked online. Each farmer is allowed to purchase nine tonnes of green grass. Even they can purchase danamrutham, nutritious fodder packets, each weighing 25 kgs are available with them and the department is ready to supply to the farmers who book it online.
Danamrutham is complete nutritious fodder costs around Rs 14 per kg but the government is supplying it at Rs 3.50 per kg on subsidy. Dr Y Simhachalam, joint director of agriculture department, stated that they are updating their services. This new method is helpful to the farmers as they need not search for the grass during summer. The animal husbandry department is maintaining grass farms and planning to supply the same to the farmers.
K Surapu Naidu of Komarada mandal, who is rearing three cows, said: “Online service is helpful to the milch farmers like me. We need not worry about the grass during summer. I am planning to order fodder online to feed my cattle”.
By koppara gandhi