- 4th Test: Ashwin, Kuldeep push England on backfoot as Eng reach 120/5 at tea
- IAF's Sarang team enthralls crowd on culmination of Singapore Airshow
- What's flexitarian diet & how does it affect heart?
- Four killed, several injured in blast at firecracker factory in UP
- Key SIMI operative nabbed after 22 years from Maharashtra
- No surprises in first list of TDP in Srikakulam
- South Korea probes company on US sanctions list over Russia connection
- Amit Shah in MP to review BJP's LS election preparations
- Visakhapatnam: PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone for redevelopment of 12 rly stations
- APPSC chairman Gautam Sawang asks candidates not to believe rumours on Group 1 exams
BJP slams TDP's 'propaganda' on allocations, says AP is its priority
The BJP has finally woken up to the media onslaught by the TDP odver allocations to Andhra Pradesh.
The BJP has finally woken up to the media onslaught by the TDP odver allocations to Andhra Pradesh. On Saturday, the BJP slammed what it called is a propaganda by the TDP government. BJP spokesperson GVL Narasimha Rao and Visakhapatnam MP K Haribabu gave a list of the projects and institutions for which the Centre has sanctioned funds. They said that the Centre has not ignored the State in any manner.
“The Centre is committed to the development of Andhra Pradesh and is according priority to the state,” GVL Narasimha Rao said. The Centre has released a sum of Rs 1,269 crore to AP under various heads, he said. The gross grant for Polavaram Project is Rs 417.44 crore, he said.
Hari Babu said that revenue deficit the state caused by the bifurcation and the grant of special package have also been sorted out. The Centre will bear all revenue deficit for the entire period of the 14th finance commission and a total of Rs 22,113 crores will be paid to Andhra Pradesh as grant for the five- year period, Haribabu added.