- Economy on fire, not on all cylinders though
- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
Minister advocates sustainable farming
Agriculture Minister Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy said on Friday that governments can meet people’s food needs with sustainable development in agriculture.
Tirupati: Agriculture Minister Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy said on Friday that governments can meet people’s food needs with sustainable development in agriculture.
The AP government is strengthening the farm sector with the intervention of innovation technology, the Minister stated. Somireddy has participated as chief guest for the 18th edition of All India Inter-Agricultural Universities Youth festival at Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU) here.
Addressing the students on the concluding day of the youth festival, the Minister appreciated the students of various agricultural universities for showcasing their talents in the youth festival. He has stated that events like youth festival will bring out the innate talents of the students and it is an opportunity for students to exhibit their extracurricular skills.
He mentioned that there are ample job opportunities for agriculture graduates in India and abroad. Later, the Minister presented the prizes and mementoes to the winners of various competitions held in the youth festival.
Assistant Director General (ICAR) Dr A S Pandey said students can improve their personalities by participating in the youth festivals. As part of promoting extracurricular activities in agriculture universities, the ICAR is conducting the national-level youth festivals every year, Pandey stated. SVVU V-C Y Haribabu proposed a vote of thanks and thanked all the officials and students for making the event a grand success.