- TN fertiliser unit responsible for ammonia leak ready to pay Rs 5.92 cr compensation: Minister
- Delhi HC asks suspended BJP MLAs to meet Speaker as Lt Governor accepts apology
- Breakup Day 2024: Top 5 Songs to Heal Your Heart After a Failed Relationship.
- Govt plans to simplify, digitalise KYC process
- RPI South India General Secretary Ajay Prasanna announces plans to strengthen the party
- BJP plans to take PM Suryaghar scheme into public
- Gonuguntla Suryanarayana flays YSRCP govt
- There's definitely a chance, says Pope on Stokes’ bowling in the Ranchi Test against India
- Shoulder Joint Replacement Conference Highlights Latest Innovations
- Newly elected Rajya Sabha member Anil Kumar Yadav meets Revanth Reddy, seeks blessings
13 red sanders logs seized; 4 held
In separate incidents, Proddatur cops arrested four red sanders smugglers including an inter-state smuggler and seized 13 red sanders logs and 2 four-wheelers from them.
Kadapa: In separate incidents, Proddatur cops arrested four red sanders smugglers including an inter-state smuggler and seized 13 red sanders logs and 2 four-wheelers from them.
The accused were identified as S Tirupalu Reddy of Venkatapalle village in Narpala mandal in Anantapur district, C Gangadhar of Kondapalli village in Kamalapuram mandal, P Venkata Swamy of Regulakunta village in Brahmamgari matam mandal, and Sheik Prakruddin of Khadavalli village in Chapadu mandal.
Following a tip-off, the cops conducted raids at various places in the early hours of Wednesday and caught the accused while smuggling the red sanders logs to other states. The police officials said S Tirupala Reddy is an inter-state red sanders smuggler.
PD Act slapped on three red sanders smugglers
District cops have imposed PD Act on three habitual offenders, who were repeatedly involved in red sanders smuggling. Sangati Subbaiah, Dadineni Subbaiah from Pangili in Rapur mandal, and Bainaboina Srinivasulu of Krishnampalli in Udayagiri mandal have been involved in many cases. Even though, many cases were booked against them, they have been continuing the illegal activities.
There were 16 cases each against Sangati Subbaiah and Dadineni Subbaiah and 19 cases were booked against Srinivasulu in the district. Finally, the district SP decided to impose PD Act on them and recommended to the District Collector for issuing proceedings accordingly.