- Rosy picture ahead of beauty industry: IBA founder Vamsi Krishna
- Aishwarya Sharma aces mimicry in ‘KKK 13’: ‘I always had a funny bone in me’
- BMC-CISF organise ‘Amrit Kalash’ yatra in Mumbai
- Meet Manipuri neurosurgeon who teaches wushu as passion
- Gen Z's involvement in politics
- PM Modi dials Manmohan Singh on his birthday
- IIT Jodhpur designs catalysts for green ammonia
- In multipolar world, rising India will be ‘Vishwa Mitra, a power for global good: Jaishankar
- Haryana State CSR Trust launchs animal ambulance service in Gurugram
- Australian pacer Starc eyes for the comeback, Maxwell too likely to return
CPI, CPM & BJP lambast budget
The State committees of BJP and CPM lambasted the State government for introducing the budget with make-believe figures. CPM state secretary P Madhu said that the government showed Rs 50,000 crore under grant in aid in the total budget of Rs 1.91 lakh crore. How the government would collect funds for it, he wondered.
Vijayawada: The State committees of BJP and CPM lambasted the State government for introducing the budget with make-believe figures. CPM state secretary P Madhu said that the government showed Rs 50,000 crore under grant in aid in the total budget of Rs 1.91 lakh crore. How the government would collect funds for it, he wondered.
He said that the government stated that it would construct ten lakh houses but only two lakh houses were constructed so far. He also said that Rs 24,000 crore is required for construction of completion of all the houses but only Rs 3,679 crore was allocated in the budget.
Besides, BJP state unit general secretary Jammula Shyam Kishore said that the budget was not reflecting the people's aspirations. The budget gave an impression that the State was very rich in the country, he said. The State has allocated Rs 16,000 crore for the irrigation sector in the budget.
The government has also allocated Rs 9,000 crore for Polavaram he said and pointed out that as to how the government would spend Rs 9,000 crore when only Rs 8,000 crore was spent during the last four years.
He deplored poor allocation funds to the agriculture sector. The BJP leader asked the government as to how it would double the income of farmers. BJP leaders U Srinivasa Raju and media cell inc-charge P Dileep were also present.
CPI state secretary K Ramakrishna asked the government as to how it would provide funds for allocations in the budget. He said that the government created hype through its budget on the development. The government would not spend funds even it showed allocations in the budget, he said.