- Pak-bound ship with N-parcel seized
- Farmers cry hoarse for justice amidst borewell seizures
- 42-target set for Bengal BJP
- Modi from Varanasi again
- Traffic restrictions imposed ahead of PM Modi's Adilabad visit
- 13th CREDAI Hyderabad Property Show from March 8
- CM Revanth Reddy anguished over malnutrition among women, children in TS
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam surges, check the rates on 3 March, 2024
- Awareness on ESMS, C-Vigil app held for political parties
- Gold rates in Delhi today stable, check the rates on 03 March, 2024
Balakrishna pats officials for realising NTR’s dream
MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna has congratulated the officials and District Collector Veera Pandian for helping realize the dream of his grandfather Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao to bring Krishna water from Jeedipalle reservoir to Hindupur.
Hindupur (Anantapur): MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna has congratulated the officials and District Collector Veera Pandian for helping realize the dream of his grandfather Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao to bring Krishna water from Jeedipalle reservoir to Hindupur.
Participating in the review meeting relating to arrangements for the forthcoming Lepakshi festival here on Thursday, Balakrishna said that he was happy that works relating to HNSS for bringing Krishna water to Hindupur and Lepakshi is on progress.
Balakrishna said that this would be a memorial event of his life to preside over bringing Krishna water to Hindupur constituency. The Hindupur town is getting 200 cusecs of water every day from Jeedipalle reservoir.
Speaking about ongoing arrangements for the Lepakshi festival due on March 31 and April 2, he hoped that the festival celebrations would be a historic affair and that it would surpass the glorious celebration of the festival in 2016. He observed that the Jata Pakshi erected on the hillock in the temple town of Lepakshi has added additional glamour to the town.
In the past, tourists came from the neighbouring states of Karnataka and Maharashtra as well as from Telangana. Lepakshi should not be developed as a religious destination but as a tourist destination.
He expressed happiness at Hindupur being ranked seventh place in development of Assembly constituencies in the state. Later, the Collector reviewed arrangements in place for the festival. He also inspected works on progress for the festival.