Raod mishap takes lives of two at Chendurthi
Two people were killed and four sustained injuries when a water tanker collided with a stationary RTC bus between Chendurthi Vannepudi on NH 16
Pithapuram: Two people were killed and four sustained injuries when a water tanker collided with a stationary RTC bus between Chendurthi-Vannepudi on NH 16.
The RTC bus from Visakhapatnam to Kurnool was stopped near the tank at Chendurthi, when the driver found smoke from the engine. The tanker rammed to the staionary bus from behind.
The deceased were identified as A Madhava Reddy from Fathepur village in Warangal district and Vanka Srinu from Kumaram village of Vizianagaram district.
Trinath (MK Valasa), Naveen (Gara), Surya (Anantapur) are among the injured. They were first taken to Prathipadu hospital, later shifted to Kakinda for better treatment, said Sub Inspector B Shivakrishna.
There were 37 passengers in the bus when the accident took place.
- Bringing back IAF pilot in 2 days from Pak was major success: Sushma Swaraj
- Virtual SIMs used in Pulwama terror attack; India to approach U.S. for help
- Kanhaiya Kumar to contest from Begusarai as CPI candidate
- Dancer Sapna Choudhary flips, says hasn't joined Congress
- War of words breaks out between Sushma Swaraj, Pakistan minister over abduction of Hindu girls in Sindh