Awareness demo on fire safety held in Vijayawada
An awareness programme on fire was organised for the students of Gandhiji Municipal High School by Vijayawada Municipal Corporation under the aegis of Regional Fire Officer Uday Kumar here on Tuesday
Vijayawada: An awareness programme on fire was organised for the students of Gandhiji Municipal High School by Vijayawada Municipal Corporation under the aegis of Regional Fire Officer Uday Kumar here on Tuesday.
A demo was organised by the fire department staff, when a fire breaks out in a house due to gas cylinder leak and short circuit.
The immediate action to be taken is to get out of the accident. The fire staff made the students to participate in the awareness programme by involving them in the live demo.
The fire staff gave the demo on how to use breathing operator set when thick smoke erupts due to fire accident.
They also explained how to face the situation to come out safe when fire breaks out in cinema theatres, malls, public places and schools.
The students participated in the programme with enthusiasm and later interacted with the fire staff and clarified their queries.
District fire officer Srinivas Reddy, Assistant fire officer Shekar, Deputy Educational Officer K Durga Prasad and others were present.
- Bringing back IAF pilot in 2 days from Pak was major success: Sushma Swaraj
- Virtual SIMs used in Pulwama terror attack; India to approach U.S. for help
- Kanhaiya Kumar to contest from Begusarai as CPI candidate
- Dancer Sapna Choudhary flips, says hasn't joined Congress
- War of words breaks out between Sushma Swaraj, Pakistan minister over abduction of Hindu girls in Sindh