- Indian nurses hoping to work in Ireland stuck in visa 'logjam': Report
- 'ED notice to Abhishek Banerjee's wife an inhuman act': Mamata Banerjee
- India's 5G sales hit 50% market for 1st time: Report
- Prince Harry fails to show up for court, will give evidence on Tuesday
- Odisha train mishap: CBI to probe from sabotage angle of signaling system
- Vinsys IT Services files draft papers for IPO; to list on NSE Emerge
- UoH among Top 10 in NIRF 2023
- JD-U MLA levels serious allegations against additional chief secy over bridge collapse
- AIADMK urges Tamil Nadu School Education Dept to fill up teacher vacancies
- ITH retained its place in the Top 10 in NIRF-Engineering, Top-15 in NIRF-Overall & IITH excelled in NIRF-Innovation Ranking, bagging Rank#3
Contest for school students on power savings on Sept 30
In an effort to sensitise school children on the imminent need of saving power, APSPDCL would be conducting essay writing, elocution and painting competitions for schoolchildren on power saving and renewable energy sources, here on September 30
Tirupati: In an effort to sensitise school children on the imminent need of saving power, APSPDCL would be conducting essay writing, elocution and painting competitions for schoolchildren on power saving and renewable energy sources, here on September 30.
SPDCL General Manager Ayub Khan said, in a press release here on Monday, that the students studying from 4th class to 10th class in municipal, government and TTD schools are only eligible to participate in the competitions, which would be held in TTD Sri Padmavathi Girls High School and SV Junior College for the students divided into three groups.
The elocution and painting competitions for the students of 4th and 5th class would be on the theme of ‘how to save power’ and the essay writing competition is on the ‘usage of electricity in our daily’. While the theme of the elocution competition for the students from 6th class to 10th is ‘Renewable energy sources–the hope of future,’ essay writing on innovative ideas for saving power and the painting competition is on ‘How to save power-why to save power’. The competitions would be held from 10 am. More details can be had from SPDCL GM by calling 8331017338.