- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
- London Indian Film Festival 2023 expands to more UK cities
Prof Lakshmana Rao receives Jai Kisan award
The Bharateeya Kisan Sangh has honored Prof Muppa Lakshmana Rao, principal of Prakasam Engineering College, Kandukur with the prestigious Jai Kisan award for his contribution to the agriculture sector with innovations of simple farm mechanization tools
Kandukur: The Bharateeya Kisan Sangh has honored Prof Muppa Lakshmana Rao, principal of Prakasam Engineering College, Kandukur with the prestigious Jai Kisan award for his contribution to the agriculture sector with innovations of simple farm mechanization tools.
The Bharateeya Kisan Sangh honours the farmers as well as innovators and scientists who are contributing to the betterment of the agriculture sector.
The Sangh presented the Jai Kisan award to seven persons this year, including Prof Lakshmana Rao for his innovations in agriculture and farming sector in the country.
The professor was honored by the chief guest Chiranjiv Choudhary, industrialist M Murali Krishna, BKS general secretary Dinesh Kulkarni, BKS state president Rambabu at the formal ceremony held in Vijayawada and presented the award.
Lakshmana Rao said that the farming sector was one of the major areas that needs to be developed in the country.
He said that the award was an encouragement to him to do his part in protecting the farming from crisis.
The Prakasam Engineering College staff and management appreciated the principal for his award and announced their support for his research and innovations in future.