- Andhra Pradesh: Man swallows wife's gold chain in Anantapur, doctors removed without surgery
- 45 Bags Containing Human Remains Were Discovered In Mexico Ravine
- YS Viveka murder: CBI court adjourns hearing on YS Bhaskar Reddy's bail plea, asks CBI to file counter
- Hyderabad: Not all minorities vote for AIMIM, flays KTR
- Kamal Haasan wishes Mani Ratnam on his b'day; calls him ‘doyen of Indian cinema’
- OTT releases to watch for in June, 2023
- State government ignores Governor on Telangana Formation Day celebrations
- Eye drops slow nearsightedness progression in kids: Study
- A unique amalgamation of sport and fashion
- RTC drivers love their profession and work with commitment: Sajjanar
Chandrababu advocated paper ballot system
TDP president and Chief Minister, NChandrababu Naidu strongly advocated for paper ballot system in elections to improve transparency in voting and at the same time he opposed electronic voting machines EVM which are not correct
- Opposed EVM technology
- Lamented BJP threatening techniques
- Addressed at 10 th Dharma Porata Deeksha at Srikakulam
Srikakulam: TDP president and Chief Minister, N.Chandrababu Naidu strongly advocated for paper ballot system in elections to improve transparency in voting and at the same time he opposed electronic voting machines (EVM) which are not correct. Addressing at Dharma Porata Deeksha at KR Stadium in Srikakulam city on Saturday Chandrababu said EVMs are not correct to assess public opinion in elections and paper ballots are good to prevent irregularities in voting and involvement of other elements. CM inaugurated party district office at Srikakulam later he attended for Dharma Porata Deeksha in the evening. On the occasion he explained that he had been sailing with BJP for four years for state development but it betrayed us and unable to bear it we launched agitation against center. On the occasion PM, Narendra Modi and former PM, Manmohan Singh speeches relayed through TVs at the venue to explain how the AP was betrayed by center.
CM lamented center’s threatening techniques with IT, CBI and ED raids on TDP leaders to create fear but we do not care and will strengthen and firmly decided to continue fight. He sought public support to fight against center as it is cause of people of AP. CM also explained that center is not cooperating for Polavaram project, Amaravathi capital city, not allotted railway zone and not sanctioned Kadapa steel intentionally. CM threw a challenge to central government that he will ready to show clear expenditure of central funds for four years by quashing BJP allegations are baseless. Chandrababu said during BJP rule all investigating agencies like CBI, IT and ED have been misused to meet political rivalries.
Center allotted Rs 1500 crore for capital city which is sufficient only to install UG cable lines but it spent Rs 3000 crore for Patel idol and Rs 25,000 for convention centers in Gujarath CM explained. Even though central government agency Central board of irrigation and power (CBIP) declared award for AP it is commitment for projects and power saving methods but the government not allotting funds. He also criticized that even after allotment of lands at Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, Tirupati center not coming forward to improve airports so far. CM also said AP tops in several aspects than center and Gujarath state and will achieve development by establishing petro-corridor at Kakinada, Kadapa steel and other faculties. CM also assured to develop Srikakulam district in agriculture, industrial and service sectors. Ministers, MLA and MPs, K.Kala Venkata Rao, K.Atchannaidu, M.Murali Mohan, K.Rammohan Naidu, GSS Sivaji, G.Sirisha, G.Laxmidevi, B.Ashok and others also spoke on the occasion.