- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
2 killed in road mishap near Tripurantakam
Two persons were killed and one injured in a road accident near Tripurantakam in the early hours of Wednesday The police suspect that fog and over speed are the culprits for the mishap
Yerragondapalem: Two persons were killed and one injured in a road accident near Tripurantakam in the early hours of Wednesday. The police suspect that fog and over speed are the culprits for the mishap.
According to the Yerragondapalem CI Krishna Murthy and Tripuirantakam SI Kamalakar, a couple Grandhisila Subbarao, aged 60 years and Grandhisila Geetha Lakshmi, aged 55 years were returning from Narasarao Pet to their home at Markapuram on the night of Tuesday.
Perumalla Sivakumar, aged 40 years was a relative of the couple and offered to drop them at Markapur in his car. By the time they reach the Bore Reddy Palle junction near Kesineni Palle village of Tripurantakam mandal at around 3AM, the over speeding car hit a lorry coming from opposite direction.
Under the impact, the driver Siva and Subbarao died on the spot. Geetha Lakshmi, who is in the back seat suffered severe injuries. She was shifted Markapuram Government Hospital for treatment.
The bodies were shifted to Yerragondapalem for post-mortem, as the police booked the case and started investigation.