- HCA announces Rs 10 lakh cash prize to Hyderabad team
- Warangal Mayor caught in no man’s land
- 'Yashasvi has not learnt from you': Hussain slams Duckett
- I-League: Sreenidi Deccan rout Aizawl FC 5-1
- Word Table Tennis Championships: Indian men, women enter knock-out phase
- Apple's 'iRing' Development Rushes Amid Samsung's Smart Ring Announcement
- 71st Miss World contestants converge in Delhi
- BJP’s ‘Vijaya Sankalpa Yatra’ begins in MBNR
- Understanding Dermatomyositis in light of Suhani Bhatnagar’s passing
- Important facts about surrogacy and its legalities
Minor fire breaks out in Visakhapatnam blast furnace
Tension prevailed at Visakhapatnam Steel Plant after one of its Tuyers of Blast Furnace BF3 burst followed by a fire mishap on Friday After the mishap, rumours spread that some of workers and employees were injured in the mishap
Visakhapatnam: Tension prevailed at Visakhapatnam Steel Plant after one of its Tuyers of Blast Furnace (BF)-3 burst followed by a fire mishap on Friday. After the mishap, rumours spread that some of workers and employees were injured in the mishap.
However, the RINL management revealed that it was a minor fire mishap and no one suffered any injuries and no damage occurred to equipment. The fire was doused immediately and the Blast Furnace-3 was shut down safely for further inspection and subsequent restarting.
Meanwhile, the official sources informed that there would be some damage to Blast Furnace, however after a detailed examination only, the actual loss would be counted. "After any fire mishap, generally some amount of loss will generate and in the steel factories, such incidents are quite common,” the official said.