- 35-yr-old cop commits suicide in Gurugram
- 17 Mumbaikars to compete in Acrobatic Gymnastics Asian Championship, Uzbekistan
- Two drown in Krishna river during Ganesh idols immersion
- Uttar Pradesh: 1.07 cr students take admission in classes 9 to 12
- Microsoft to announce Windows 11 23H2 today: All about the new AI-powered features
- Himachal CM opens renovated Shimla’s Bantony Castle
- Surge in fever cases in Lucknow; dengue, typhoid on the rise
- OpenAI launches upgraded version of text-to-image tool 'DALL·E 3'
- Supreme Court refuses to interfere with CWMA order directing Karnataka to release 5K cusecs of water daily to Tamil Nadu
- KTR takes part in groundbreaking ceremony of BSV Global in Genome Valley
Meet on good clinical practice begins in Vijayawada
A twoday training programme on Good clinical practice, current regulatory and ethical requirements for conducting clinical trials research in India commenced at Dr NTR University of Health Sciences here on Thursday
Vijayawada: A two-day training programme on ‘Good clinical practice, current regulatory and ethical requirements for conducting clinical trials/research in India' commenced at Dr NTR University of Health Sciences here on Thursday.
Addressing the media Prof YK Gupta, principal advisor (Projects), Head of Pharmacology, AIIMS, New Delhi said that Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada has 249 affiliated institutions (medical, dental, nursing, paramedical, AYUSH, etc.) under its patronage.
He said the main objective of the training is to strengthen and empower the Institutional Ethics Committee (IEC) members to ensure that they understand scientific, regulatory norms, ethical design, conduct and reporting of clinical research that will be of uniform in nature and meets national and international quality standards.
The course attempts to provide comprehensive training on effective and ethical conduct of clinical research.
As many as 155 participants representing 31 institutions across Andhra Pradesh and all India had registered and participated in this programme.
The participants were majorly represented by the Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada. The other institutions were AIIMS, Manglagiri, Osmania Medical College, GVK, etc.
NTRUHS Vice-Chancellor Dr CV Rao, Dr R Sasank director Medical Education, Dr ML Surya Prabha and others were present.