- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 30 May 2023
- Chopra pulls out of FBK Games in Hengelo with an injury
- Global Chess League will fill gap in current ecosystem: Humpy
- Gold and silver rates today stable in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 30 May 2023
- Jubilant CSK players dedicate fifth IPL title to retiring Ambati Rayudu
- Andhra Pradesh: Devotees rush to Tirumala increase, to take 24 hours for Sarvadarshans
- Rajamahendravaram: All house plot beneficiaries to get title deeds
- Tirupati: Lord Govindaraja Swamy blesses devotees from Sarvabhoopala Vahanam
- Jaganannaku Chebudam draws huge response in Nellore, Kadapa
- Tirupati: MLA Bhumana Karunakar Reddy takes out bike rally
TDP finalises candidates for 10 Assembly segments in East Godavari
Telugu Desam Party TDP high command has cleared the names of candidates for 10 Assembly constituencies, out of 19 Assembly constituencies in East Godavari district and of them, 8 are sitting MLAs and two are new candidates
Rajamahendravaram: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) high command has cleared the names of candidates for 10 Assembly constituencies, out of 19 Assembly constituencies in East Godavari district and of them, 8 are sitting MLAs and two are new candidates.
Though the party national president N Chandrababu Naidu has not declared the names officially, it is the said candidates were confirmed to the party leaders in different constituencies.
Following are the candidates who have been finalised for different Assembly constituencies: Gorantla Butchaiah Choudary (Rajamahendravaram rural Assembly constituency), Vanamadi Venkateswara Rao (Kakinada urban Assembly constituency), Pilli Anantha Lakshmi (Kakinada rural constituency), Pendurthi Venkatesh (Rajanagaram Assembly constituency), NVVS Varma (Pithapuram Assembly constituency), Nimmakayala Chinarajappa (Peddapuram Assembly constituency), Jyothula Nehru (Jaggampeta Assembly constituency), N Ramakrishna Reddy (Anaparthi Assembly constituency), DCCB chairman Varupula Raja (Prattipadu Assembly constituency) and Yanamala Ramakrishnudu (Tuni Assembly constituency) (new candidate).
Meanwhile, the party high command has to announce the candidates to the Assembly constituencies of Rajamahendravaram urban, Rampachodavaram, Ramachandrpuram, Mandapeta, Amalapuram, Mummidivaram, Razole, P Gannavaram and Kothapeta.
It is learnt that the party will allot tickets to new faces in Rajamahendravaram Urban and Rampachodavaram Assembly constituencies and select sitting and former MLAs for the remaining constituencies.
Meanwhile, MLC Adireddy Appa Rao is demanding ticket for his daughter-in-law Bhavani who is the daughter of former Union Minister K Yerran Naidu.