Govt liberalises FDI limit
In 12 sectors, including insurance, telecom, defence Telecom 100 % S Civil aviation unchanged at 49% Defence sector unchanged at 26% S...
In 12 sectors, including insurance, telecom, defence
- Telecom 100 % S Civil aviation unchanged at 49%
- Defence sector unchanged at 26% S Insurance limit moved from 26% to 49%
- Single brand retail at 49% automatic route, beyond FIPB approval needed
- No view taken on relaxing FDI caps in airports, media, brownfield pharma, multi-brand retail
- Oil refineries, commodity bourses, power exchanges, stock exchanges and clearing corporations, now FDI allowed up to 49% under automatic route
- Under automatic approval mode, the company is required to report to RBI within 30 days of getting foreign equity
- FDI limit increased in credit information companies to 74% from 49%.
- FDI in tea plantation up to 49% through automatic route; 49-100% through FIPB route
- Raised FDI in asset reconstruction companies to 100% from 74%; of this up to 49% will be under automatic route
- FDI up to 100% through automatic route allowed in courier services