- A kidnapped woman jumps from an auto
- Netflix Ends Apple Billing for Legacy Subscribers
- Quick tips to help you prepare for your board exams
- Haryana and Patna Secure Semifinal Spots in Pro Kabaddi League.
- Sama Angels emerge champion
- Polo Arena Championship official jersey launched
- Mammootty and Kiccha Sudeep Follow Mahesh Babu's Success Path – Here's What They Did!
- Elon Musk's X Shifts Gears to Become a Job-Search Hub
- Kharge promises Rs 5,000 to poor families every month
- Welfare, development joint agenda: Manohar
BSNL to set up 40k Wi-Fi Hotspots
Public sector telecom major BSNL said it is working on setting up 40,000 Wi-Fi Hotspots in the country to counter its inadequacy in providing 4G data services.
4G counter push
Indore : Public sector telecom major BSNL said it is working on setting up 40,000 Wi-Fi Hotspots in the country to counter its inadequacy in providing 4G data services. "We are at present neither a 4G service provider, nor do we have the relevant spectrum to launch this service. But to deal with this challenge, we are working on a scheme to set up 40,000 Wi-Fi Hotspots in the country, as it (Wi-Fi Hotspot) is faster than 4G services," BSNL CMD Anupam Shrivastava said.
Shrivastava said under the scheme, 500 Wi-Fi Hotspots have been set up in the country, and the company plans to increase them to 2,500 in the current financial year. He apprised that in order to improve its telecom service, the BSNL would be setting up around 25,000 mobile towers in the country, with an investment of Rs 5,500 crore.
On the issue of call drops, he said the problem is aggravated due to people's misconception that the radiation emitted by the mobile towers has an adverse effect on their health, owing to which many such towers have been removed from residential areas.
The BSNL CMD further said that in FY15, the company achieved an operating profit of Rs 672 crore, and expects it to reach Rs 1000 crore by the end of the current fiscal year. He said, "We are not just satisfied by increasing our operating profit, but we are also working on taking the company to a net profit position. We expect to reach that position by FY19."