- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
Security beefed up in Tirupati & Tirumala
Tirupati: On the aftermath of Bangalore bomb blasts, security has been beefed up in Tirumala and Tirupati temple towns on Wednesday afternoon....
Tirupati: On the aftermath of Bangalore bomb blasts, security has been beefed up in Tirumala and Tirupati temple towns on Wednesday afternoon. Tirupati Urban Superintendent of Police SV Rajasekhara Babu gave the 'Red Alert' call to the staff on Tuesday night itself. And special vigilance is being continued at vital points like RTC Bus Station, Railway Station, Temples, commercial places and at Alipiri toll gate here. He said that as part of their regular exercises, he had issued 'Red Alert' call on Tuesday night at both Tirupati and Tirumala even though there were no specific inputs or alert from intelligence wing. To keep the alertness and vigilance of their staff it is general practice to issue such alert calls according to the necessity. He explained that there is specific alert call from any source so far, especially in the aftermath of Bangalore bomb blast episode, his staff is on full alert at all deployed posts. In fact the security was beefed up at Alipiri Toll Gate, the entry point to Tirumala, and the security personnel are thoroughly checking the entire baggage and vehicles. The same is at steps ways at Alipiri and Srivarimettu areas. Wherever the terror strikes might be, the alertness at Tirupati and Tirumala would be some more high. Even though there will be specific alert call from intelligence or police head quarter, the police of all wings like armed reserve force, special protection force, special police and Octopus would be more vigilant. The airport, railway station and central bus stations are under special surveillance and in addition to the visible policing, the special intelligence staff is present at all such vital points.