- PIL in SC seeks directions to Centre and States to consider reasonable demands of farmers
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC push for playoffs against Hyderabad FC in Sunil Chhetri's 150th outing
- Creditors face haircut of 68% on admitted claims under IBC
- Shri Ramcharitmanas row: SC grants 2 weeks to UP government to file its reply on Swami Prasad Maurya's plea
- PVL Season 3: Calicut Heroes blaze through Delhi Toofans to get dominant win
- NewsClick row: Court grants Delhi Police 20 more days to file charge sheet in UAPA case
- Swaad of South Unveils Newest Outlet in Madhapur, Offering a Fusion of Tradition and Innovation in South Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
- This universal story about the tragic isolation of old age will move and stir Kannada and Telugu audiences: Deepak Qazir Kejriwal
- NIT Calicut and Vehant Technologies Signs MoU to Co-Teach Students and Jointly Work on AI/ML Projects
- List of Environmentally-Friendly Products Spearheading Green Movement for a Healthier Planet
Shivrajkumar calls southern film industry bigger than Bollywood
Kannada superstar Shivrajkumar on Sunday said he is glad that southern filmdom, which he considers even bigger than Bollywood, is getting its due at all major film awards.
Hyderabad: Kannada superstar Shivrajkumar on Sunday said he is glad that southern filmdom, which he considers even bigger than Bollywood, is getting its due at all major film awards.
"South film industry plays a pivotal role in Indian cinema from all angles. In my opinion, it's even bigger than Bollywood. In south, in Chennai, is where even Hindi cinema started," Shivrajkumar told reporters here on the sidelines of the first edition of IIFA Utsavam.
The two-day event is celebrating and honouring talent from the south film market. After 16 years of its inception, the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) is debuting in the southern market with Utsavam.
"It's been a long wait, nevertheless I'm glad we are getting some exclusivity," he said.