- NIA conducted inspections at Human rights and people rights unions' leaders residences in Srikakulam
- Delhi Police Arrest Three ISIS Terrorists Wanted By NIA In Coordinated Operation
- 'Madam Chief Minister' started with Auspicious Pooja Ceremony
- Tragic Drowning Accident Claims Two Doctors' Lives In Kerala River
- Violent Clash Over Land Dispute Claims Six Lives In Deoria, Uttar Pradesh
- Modi offers prayers at Sanwaliya Seth temple in Rajasthan's Chittorgarh, inaugurates projects worth Rs 7,000 cr
- NIA raids on APCLC leader's houses
- INDIA bloc to flex muscles with 'I Am Gandhi' peace march in Mumbai today
- Google Pixel Event 2023: From Pixel 8 to Pixel Watch 2, all that we expect to launch
- Dettol Banega Swasth India, 10th edition launch program at Hayath Mumbai
Ready to roll
In what seems to be a calculative move, actor Ram, Talkies has learnt, has picked his ‘Ready’ director Sreenu Vaitla to helm his next.
After their seminal work ‘Ready’, Ram and Sreenu Vaitla will be coming together for another film
In what seems to be a calculative move, actor Ram, Talkies has learnt, has picked his ‘Ready’ director Sreenu Vaitla to helm his next. Though he was supposed to team up with the likes of Santosh Srinivas and Kishore Tirumala up next, the ideas fell through, prompting him and his uncle Sravanthi Ravi Kishore to zero in on Vaitla, who had a terrible run of late with ventures like ‘Aagadu’ and ‘Bruce Lee- The Fighter’ tarnishing his reputation as a bankable director.
A source said, “Much before the release of ‘Nenu..Sailaja…’, Ram was in discussions with Santosh Srinivas for a project. But after the January 1st release opened to positive reviews and did exceedingly well at the box-office, Ram has decided to do a light-hearted entertainer next instead of a mass film, which Srinivas was planning with him. The ‘Kandireega’ director understood this and moved on to another project.
“Sravanthi Ravi Kishore, then, wanted Kishore Tirumala (Nenu..Sailaja… helmer) to make another film with Ram but as the director got fancy offers from other production houses, he politely declined Ravi’s offer. It is when Vaitla, who held discussions with Ram’s close associates for a project last year, came into the picture with a light-hearted comic caper. Knowing the capabilities of the director, Ram locked in on Vaitla.” The source added the script work is in the final stages and the project will hit the floors this summer.